Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This Day In (Future) History (Contest)

At some point 2011 will be history. Well, actually, the 1st through 3rd are now history. But at some point we will look back on 2011 and hopefully it will be fondly.

So let's play a game with it.

The year is now 2021 and you are sitting there with your special someone.  What happened in 2011 that made it a fabulous year? What fantastic event do you remember most about it? Would you like to relive that event again?

You have from today (January 4, 2011) till Sunday, January 9, 2011 to respond.  At that time, Mel, my contest loving kitty, will pick a name to receive a copy of His Eyes, one of my time travels.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I hope that 2011 will bring a resurgance of our economy. That would be the ideal year, I think.

Savanna Kougar said...

Jillian, excellent thought.

Regan, I thought you meant a projection in time of what 2021 would be like. Interesting concept, however.

If I had someone to special to sit next to, and I was looking back from 2021, that alone would be a miracle.

So, 20ll. As I mentioned in Volcano's Angelic Forecast, it will be the Year of Decision.

But, let's see, a fond memory... hmmmm... the TSA, and all similar operations, are obliterated from the map of history. Yeah, that would make my year.

Blessings, to all!

Unknown said...

When I sit back in 2021 and think about 2011, I'm going to say "That's the year I published my first book and I graduated from College with my programming degree. It's the year my children turned 19, 18 and 15. It's the year I had so many dogs I didn't know what to do. It's the year that I had more fun than I knew what to do with!"

Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

J.T. Webster said...

Looking back on 2011 I hope I can say it was the year my first novel was published. Also that my oldest son, who will be 18, travelled overseas for the first time and had a safe and life changing trip and arrived home safely.
But most of all I hope I remember it as a year of happiness and many blessings for my family and all my friends.

Missy said...

Sorry for the delay in annoucing the winner! (Migraine knocked me out -- ouch!)

JT Webster you'll be receiving a copy of His Eyes!

J.T. Webster said...

Thanks Regan. Just got from back from holiday to find it waiting for me!